Aging Out Awareness Month (AOAM)
NOTE: All March events have been cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. JEMfriends is commited to staying within state and federal guidelines and is postponing group events in an effort to do our part in the community.
We hope that everyone stays healthy and safe and uses this extra time to rest spend time with family.
March is aging-out awareness month and we ask that you continue to give. You can support JEMfriends by giving through the website (go to our ‘Give’ tab) or through mail.
- March 1st-31st
- Keep your eyes peeled for ways to support JEMfriends throughout
the month as we work to spread the word about aging-out in Idaho. You can help us raise awareness by inviting people to our events throughout March!
AOAM Events (Please join us for these events! We value your participation!)
- Awareness with Coffee Studio
- March 2, all day
Coffee Studio, 6360 N Saguaro Hills Ave., Meridian, ID 83646
- Stop by the JEMfriends booth to learn about all the Aging Out Awareness Month events happening in March and enjoy a good cup of joe!
- Awareness with Meridian Library
- March 3, TIME TBD
- Meridian Library, 1326 W. Cherry Lane, Meridian, Idaho 83642
- Awareness with Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church
- March 8, Service time TBD
- Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, 2981 E. Boise Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83706
- Fundraiser and Awareness at Café Yumm!
- March 18th, 4-8 pm.
- Cafe’ Yumm! 2826 S Eagle Rd., #160, Eagle, ID 83616
- Come get dinner, and 50% of the proceeds will go to JEMfriends!
- Aging-Out Awareness Day
- March 24, TIME TBD
- Fundraiser and Awareness at Applebee’s
- April 4, 8am-10am
- Applebees in the Boise Town Square
- JEMfriends staff and volunteers will be serving a full pancake breakfast hosted by Applebees! Come and support youth aging out of foster care and hear from our JEMyouth!
Businesses Spreading Awareness (We appreciate your support throughout AOAM this year! Thank you!)
If you have any questions about any of the upcoming events and their details, please contact Liberty Thompson at email@example.com. Also, check out our banquet page and our newsletter page or follow us on Facebook or Instagram for more information about our latest events.